Bergsen has been providing cold finished carbon steel out of Southern California since 1974.
Bergsen was founded in 1974 by Bob Bergquist (formerly of A.M. Castle) and Lou Spitsen (formerly of Pacific Tube). They began a distribution center of cold finished carbon products. Together, they creatively called it Bergsen, and orginally started as a full bundle distributor located in Downey, California.
In 1986, to adapt to a changing market, Bergsen, began to break bundles to better service their customer. In 1987, Bergsen was acquired by Kiveton Park “Holdings” LTD, with this new acquisition, Bergsen expanded its service capabilities to include “saw cutting”, as well as additional product lines.
In addition to an ever-changing market, in 2005, we again expanded our services to include next-day (local) deliveries – meeting the needs of many of our local customers. Since it’s relocation in 2006, Bergsen (again) expanded its product line and services to meet the requirements of both the aerospace and commercial industries.
We strive to exceed our customer’s expectations through a combination of first-rate service and top-quality steel. Bergsen prides itself on supplying material at fair prices that is competitive within a world-wide market. Our purpose is to be more than just a service center to our customers – we seek to build a solid foundation with each of our clients that is long lasting and successful.
About Our President
- Tom joined Bergsen Metals in 1987, as a customer service representative and eventually transitioned into sales.
- 1993 Tom became the General Manager of Bergsen
- 1995 Tom became President of Bergsen
- Tom attended Cal State University Fullerton, majoring in Business Administration
- Has attended Metals Management training seminars through the University of St. Louis (via the Metal Services Center aka: MSCI)
- He is married with three children; he was born & raised in Southern California.